The content of the resource packs will help you teach children:
- how the fire service help us
- who helps the fire service
- simple safety and prevention advice
- the number to call in an emergency.
- a presentation with live footage of fire engines and firefighters at work
- age-appropriate tasks and presentations in clear and simple formats
- content that can be built on in subsequent sessions carried out by our education advocates that links to the PSHE curriculum
- teaching notes with key messages that help support delivery and can be adapted
- a set of tasks to consolidate learning and understanding (for use in class or as homework).
To request a copy of our resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to support the delivery of 'People who help us'
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer stand-alone sessions for 'People who help us' and variations of this topic during this academic year (2021/22).
There may be the opportunity to add on a short session for early years foundation stage (EYFS) classes to our school education visit to year 2 and year 5 pupils. Please liaise with your key stage coordinators or school colleagues to plan such a visit. We are unable to guarantee a session for EYFS, pre-schools or nurseries even if a request is made.
We ask that school staff do not directly approach stations, firefighters, parents/friends/relatives of firefighters to request a visit.